Monday, May 25, 2009

keeping busy


We're near the end of job hunting (we hope!), in the waiting period. Justin has received a few job offers, and we'll find out about a few more tomorrow and Wednesday. And then, we'll make our decision. It's difficult for me- the not knowing, the wondering, the worrying. And so, instead of thinking too much this weekend, here's what we did instead:

-made homemade french fries to satisfy Justin's growing obsession
(yes Justin, obsession. It's gotten that bad)

-also made tacos, and oatmeal cookies, and root beer floats, and pad thai noodles


-washed lots of dishes from all that cooking

-performed surgery on a dragon that has been loved so much that he was losing his stuffing


-looked for a lost cat (don't worry, we found him. Blast you Chester!)

-talked medical jargon with my Mom- tried to remember the word dextromethoriphan

-Audrey caught up on her reading (she's checking out Victor Frankel's "Man's Search for Meaning". Pretty deep for a two year old.)


-finally took down these pom poms from Audrey's birthday party (what has it been, two weeks? three? But they're so pretty. I've moved them to the playroom and they look like big fluffy clouds hanging over Audrey's toys and books)


-graffitied our back patio with sidewalk chalk


-watched West Side Story

-took a few long walks

-saw lots and lots of iris which made me think of my Great-Grandma Jane


-was scared to death when one of Audrey's toys started singing when I walked into our dark den to put away some books. When I told Justin about it later he started laughing and asked me if I really thought a robber who was hiding in the den would start singing when I walked in

-made invitations to give out at church for the upcoming mother/daughter activity


It was a busy weekend. A good weekend. Hopefully we'll have exciting news soon.

5 comments:

caitlin said...

Yum! Pad Thai noodles are the bomb. We just ate Thai Food last night.

and I would have reacted the exact same way if I were in a dark room and a toy started making noises.. but my husband would have teased me relentlessly!

Glad to make a new blog friend!

Walt and Eileen said...

You will be guided to what job is the right one.
Yes, the Iris remind us of Grama Jane, too.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen

The Henriksons said...

One year for Christmas Luke wanted a Chia pet (I know it is hared to believe) and it came with a little chia pet key chain that played the chia pet song. It use to go off all the time and I mean all the time!! It scared me quite a few times. Cute invitations!! Millie

jane said...

fingers crossed:)

caitlin said...

You cracked me up with your comments! I am excited to try that pad thai, thanks for the recipe!