Wednesday, April 29, 2009

last days of April


-lilac bushes are in bloom everywhere. I need some branches for my kitchen table.

-even though I don't have a lilac bush we have discovered a bleeding heart bush and six pretty pink tulips in our front yard.

-it's only Wednesday but I'm excited for this weekend. Plans include: farmers market, caramel corn, sunshine, shopping for Audrey, grilling, and camping in the backyard.

-the scouts are coming over tonight to learn about knife safety. They're going to chop up our old Christmas tree and then burn it in a fire pit and make s'mores. I am only slightly nervous about my husband and four 11 year olds in the backyard with axes and fire.

-Audrey's new favorite toy is an empty advil bottle and some Mardi Gras beads that my Dad brought back from his trip to New Orleans. (don't worry he didn't earn them, they were a favor in one of his business meetings) She concentrates so hard and puts the beads in the top of the bottle so carefully, puts on the lid and shakes it, then dumps them all out and starts over again. This makes me re-think all the money we've spent on her birthday presents.

-I made two different types of cake yesterday with my new kitchen aid (!!!) mixer to see which type we like best for Audrey's birthday. The mixer worked like a dream, thanks again Robyn!

-I'm typing this post one-handed, with the computer balanced on my knee while Justin is taking a much needed nap on the couch with his head on my lap. He didn't sleep well last night and has had a busy day at work. When he finally got home for lunch at 2:30 I asked him how he was doing and he said "Better now." I love him so much.

1 comment:

Vip said...

Your fears were somewhat out of place, we didn't even come close to burning anything down. We did have some flaming marshmallows but that was about it. Thanks for the last one it was nice. I love you.