
Somehow it always seems to snow after I've had a hard night with Audrey. Stumbling sleepily downstairs in my pajamas with a tired, teething baby in my arms and looking out the back door to see a white backyard and Chester the cat scowling at me is not my ideal start to the day. I'm so ready for spring.
And how do you brush your teeth when your baby girl's mouth hurts and she just wants to be held? When you're putting toothpaste on your toothbrush and look down to see a little girl in pink pajamas standing at your feet, looking at you with big eyes and reaching up, saying "MomMomMomMommm..." ? Three options: Ignore her and brush your teeth (impossible), don't brush your teeth at all (gross), or pick her up and balance her on your hip with your left hand while brushing with your right hand and dribble toothpaste all over your shirt. I chose option number three.
Also, a few nights ago Justin let it slip that I'm getting a gorgeous bouquet of flowers for Valentines Day. He ordered them a month ago. No last minute frantic gift shopping for this guy. Nope. He's a good husband and totally prepared. But that little gem of information has left his wife panicking just a little bit. I've been thinking for days about what I can do for him. He keeps a close eye on our money (blast you internet banking!) which I normally appreciate, but around dates like Valentines Day and his birthday when I'm trying to be sneaky it's incredibly annoying. Are you reading this Justin? Annoying.
The only thing I can come up with is to try to make him something. The best Valentines are homemade anyway right?
So today after Audrey's nap I pulled out this:

which led to this:









After a few hours of Audrey and I digging through ribbon, fake flowers, and construction paper I've got a few ideas. And, by the time we were finished...
most of the snow had melted and the sky looked like this:


much better.
3 comments:
I know what you mean. I am so tired of snow and we don't get nearly as much as you guys. We've had snow one day this week and they are threatening we will get it again tomorrow!! I found a book Rob wanted at Walmart today and picked it up for Valentines Day. It just looks like I spent more than I meant to at Walmart like always!! Good luck!! Millie
what a beautiful sky picture...so what did you end up doing with all of that ribbon and flowers??? I am dying to know...
I know exactly what you mean about the banking stuff. Zech is the same way. And it seems to be worse when he knows I want to buy a gift. I think these guys need to start giving us an allowance in our own accounts so they can't see what we are up to. I too got irriatated and decided to make something!
Post a Comment