Tuesday, February 24, 2009

on my mind


Justin's birthday is just a few weeks from now and then Audrey's is coming up soon after in May which means I have birthday presents/parties/cakes on the brain. I'm looking to try new recipes this year.

I found this one and almost didn't show it to Justin, but I did and now he's going to have a rainbow tie-dyed cake for his birthday.

then I was looking around for Audrey's birthday...have you ever gone to Flickr and typed in "cupcakes"? It's a beautiful thing.


cupcakes Pictures, Images and Photos


now I just need to learn to make fondant icing. Seems doable.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How funny; all your guys's birthdays are on the other side of the year from Christmas! Kinda perfect huh!? I love the cake; it totally fits Justin. For Lil Miss, I vote for the pic with the four by four cupcakes - they fit her's and her mommy's personality the best!!!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Yummy!! those all look so good! Good luck with Justin's Birthday cake!!

riosfamilyinc said...

I love the cake for Justin. I can't believe you weren't going to show him. Let me know how it turns out. I'm not that creative! I need easy stuff!

Rachael Havens said...

The top cupcakes look so yummy. I'm glad you liked my clothes. I started sewing when I was younger, but just basic quilts and such. I just recently started making clothing. The best website for free patterns is www.burdastyle.com It is amazing. Some of the people on there make gowns for runway shows. It's a little intimidating, yet inspiring. Well good luck with the cakes and parties.

Minnie said...

Where did you find that tie-dye cake? that is awesome!

The Henriksons said...

Have you actually ever eaten fondant? That is what everyone is doing for the wedding cakes here and there is always lots of cake left over!! Not my favorite. But it does look very pretty. Millie
Oh and the tye dye cake is so Justin!! You could even put a little VW bus on it!!

The VIPs said...

we had fondant on our wedding cake and yeah- it wasn't good. But I've found a recipe for marshmallow fondant that everyone says actually tastes good- thought I'd give it a try