eating 'mush' with my daughter
(she gobbles it up)

makes me think of my Mom.
Old Fashioned (super healthy) Mush
2 C water
1/4 C creamy wheat (wheat farina)
1/4 whole grain cracked wheat
bring water to a boil in a small pot. Stir in wheat, simmer for 10 minutes until it reaches desired thickness. Serve immediately. Sweeten with brown sugar and milk or half and half.
Total calories for this breakfast? Less than 10 not counting the brown sugar and milk. Makes it a winner in my eyes.
3 comments:
I wanted some, you guys always have so much fun when I am gone. I hate being the dad and going to work. Can I just stay home with you two?
I know you always miss out, I'll make you some this weekend.
And I would love you to stay home with us, but I think you might get bored.
No I wouldn't, we would just run out of money and not have a house and probably have to live in our car. See that is a reason to get a VW Bus.
Post a Comment