Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 random things about me tag

My friend Cara tagged me on facebook with this little survey and now after spending two days thinking about what to say I've decided that I've spent too much time on it to only post it there. So here you go, more than you ever wanted to know about me:



1. I love plain white dishes. So simple, so classic.

2. I clean my house inside and out once a week and spend about a half hour each night "picking up" before I go to bed. (doing dishes, putting away Audrey's toys etc.) It makes such a difference in how my day goes if I come downstairs in the morning to a clean house.

3. I can't handle scary movies. Really, I'm jumpy and nervous for weeks after I see one. Sometimes even the previews that I catch on tv for horror movies freak me out.

4. My big claim to fame is that I was in a Pert Plus commercial when I was 18 for their 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner.

5. I hate camping. I don't work hard to have a nice house with a shower, toilet, and comfy bed to go into the woods and pretend that I'm homeless. Unfortunately for me, my husband loves it. So I put up with tents and sleeping bags and no showers a few times a year for him.

6. I love old family photographs.

7. I want a basset hound for a pet. They seem so funny.

8. My parents must think I'm the biggest hypocrite in the world. They tried to get me involved in cooking and gardening while I was young and I wasn't interested. Now I frequently call my Mom for recipes and ask my Dad when the best time is to plant my tomatoes. My parents are awesome.

9. I spend $0.30 more at the grocery store to buy plain white or foil cupcake liners instead of the colored ones or the ones with weird prints all over them. Stop laughing. I like the plain ones better.

10. Speaking of cupcakes, I don't like frosting. Gross. There are a few kinds that I will tolerate a very thin layer of on my cake but for the most part, no thank you. Justin is exactly the opposite. When we eat cupcakes we break them in half, I give him the top half of mine and he gives me the bottome half of his. (now you KNOW we were made for each other right?)

11. I recently discovered that straight-leg trouser jeans in a dark wash are the very, very best.

12. I was a really, really big nerd through Middle School and most of High School. I say that with affection because I really was happy with my nerdiness. Then, the last two years of High School I became that girl who tried to be popular and highlighted her hair and skipped school lunch to go lay in a tanning bed. And now, I like to think that I'm a little bit of both.

13. I vote, recycle dutifully, and floss daily.

14. I'm not afraid of running and yelling at big cows and bulls. That's what growing up on a ranch and herding cattle at 2:00 am will teach you.

15. I aspire to be more creative than I am.

16. I can get a little obsessive. (Martha Stewart, Pottery Barn, need I say more?) In college, I made Justin eat lunch with me at the same chinese restaurant everyday for a month because I LOVED their sweet and sour chicken.

17. I wanted to be a lawyer but that was before I knew being a Mom was the best job in the world. I would love to go back to school though.

18. I take criticism too personally. It's true, one of my managers at Barnes and Noble told me. Obviously he was right because that still bothers me to this day.

19. It never crossed my mind that I'd have trouble getting pregnant.. When we were dating Justin told me that he'd always felt like he wouldn't be able to have children and I told him not to worry because "I have child-bearing hips". Ha!

20. I grew up in the best little town ever. I always complained about how little it was and said I wanted to move to a big city, but now I miss it and want to move back. It was such a great environment to grow up in.

21. I love hydrangeas and peonies.

22. I don't exercise enough unless you count dancing to a David Bowie song with Audrey in the kitchen while I'm making dinner exercise.

23. I'm religious in a time when it isn't very popular to be religious.

24. I had hair down to my waist for at least 10 years and very recently chopped it all off to above my shoulders. And I love it.

25. My husband is the greatest and my very best friend and my daughter is the cutest, smartest baby in the world. It's not my opinion, it's the truth. And I love them more than I can say.
I tag: Justin, Beth, Lyric, Ariane, Christine, Rhonda, Allison, Emily, Lauren (yes, I mean you!),
Kailea, Josh, Dawn, Amber and anyone else who wants to be tagged. If you want to participate I'd love to hear your answers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your list! I'm with you on 1,6,9, and 23. And you go girl on 14! I was charged when I was a young kid and was kind of freaked ever since. You are the perfect Susie Homemaker!

The VIPs said...

I thought of 14 after reading your list

Lauren said...

"Dance magic dance!"

The VIPs said...

exactly Lauren. That one, and Audrey loves "Golden Years' also by David Bowie it's a sweet song

Lauren said...

better watch out, or the goblin king will take her away to get to you

riosfamilyinc said...

Lets see, I am in total agreement with 3, 10, 13, 15, and 23.

Walt and Eileen said...

So, do you just come up with 25 different things on your own or is there a list somewhere of subjects? I guess random must mean you make them up. I'm not good at random, as when I ask for a recipe and someone says: "Oh just a little of this, a touch or that, and a pinch of whatever...." I can never cook that way...that's too random.