Yesterday my Aunt Janet was in Boise and stopped by our house for a few hours. Over lunch she looked around and mentioned how much she liked our house and how I had decorated it. Apparently that was the cue that Justin had been waiting for. He quickly and enthusiastically started talking about all the work I'd done and gave my Aunt Janet a mini-tour of almost everything that I had painted, reupholstered, framed and designed in our house. I was a little embarrassed, but mostly pleased, how could I not be?Later that day I was thinking that I need to be just as diligent in remembering, focusing on, and praising Justin's strengths and abilities. I need to be just as anxious to point out how wonderful he is. It also got me thinking that I'm so lucky to have a husband who is proud of me and who focuses on my positive points instead of the negative and will talk about my work and talents to anyone who will listen.He's such a good husband.
3 comments:
what a great post. I think we all forget this sometimes! Good for you for recognizing it....now I think I need to do the same!!! Way to go Justin!!!!
Nice job Becky, You know, I try to to let everyone know how great Doug is! My problem, sometimes I am so busy telling everyone else I forget to just let him know how grateful I am for him and for all he does for me and our family!
C
Thanks, I appreciate that you publicly thank me but you really don't have to. I love you.
Justin
Post a Comment