
So I was a little nervous to have Justin home from work for 5 days straight. I mean, I love having him home, but Audrey and I don't do much exciting stuff during the day and I was afraid that most of the weekend would be spent just looking at each other wondering what to do now. But, I've been pleasantly surprised and we've had a great time. After coming home from my parent's house on Thursday so we'd be home for our anniversary on Friday we've actually stayed pretty busy:
- We slept in both Friday and Saturday morning.
- Justin put the lights up on our house, they look great and he's not even finished yet.
- We put up Justin's Grandpa's small Christmas tree in front of the big window in the den.
- Justin and I celebrated 5 years together with a nice dinner and our first time (ever!) hiring a babysitter. That was almost as big of an event as our anniversary. Hello, my name is Becky and I am an over-protective Mom.
- And, he surprised me with roses that I've been smelling all weekend.
- We received our Christmas cards that we ordered last week. Watch your mailboxes, cause they're cute.
- We purchased a big Christmas tree for the living room and drove it home at great peril half-hanging out of our trunk.
- We did A LOT of eating and cooking. As always.
- Audrey learned to whistle. Sort of.
- We've watched about 5 Christmas movies on tv. I love tv movies. There are times that I'd never think to put in a movie but we turn the channel and all of a sudden I'm watching Home Alone while baking rolls.
- We went to the Boise Botanical Gardens to see their "Garden A-Glow" light show. Awesome. Audrey was in heaven.
- According the the count on our camera I took 183 pictures. Typical
So, since posting 183 pictures in one post isn't smart, I'll break it up and I'll start with the food. We all know that's the most important anyway. My Mom sent us home with LOADS of leftovers. Turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, califlower in cheese sauce, and two kinds of pie.
I also roasted my very first turkey

And made Justin carve it
We tried a new roll recipe
And on Saturday Justin said he was craving sugar cookies
This is Justin's "tie-dyed" cookie. I told him it was marbled, he swears it's tie-dyed.

Audrey woke up from her nap to find us still frosting cookies

And helped herself to a few

And- as of today I've finished the NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) 30 Posts in 30 Days challenge. Woo Hoo!
5 comments:
First, Conratulations blogger! Second, Audrey is adorable eating cookies in her diaper. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!
Okay, those cookies look so incredibly yummy! I want some! Glad you guys enjoyed your break so much and congrats on finishing your blog challenge! It's been really fun to read all your posts this month.
Looks like it was a great weekend! Maybe you should send us some cookies in the mail.
Love it! I like the tie dye cookie ( hey i'm an old dead head) What a great weekend. I wish Millie could have been there to babysit for you. She is already working on an Audrey package for Christmas. :-)
I'll call you with our address. Some how it seems strange posting it.
what a fun weekend! Don't youlove the holidays!?
Post a Comment