Friday, October 24, 2008

Holiday Movies

There are certain holidays in our house that just aren't complete until we've watched the movies that go with them. Okay, instead of saying "our house" I should just say it's me. Certain holidays are not complete for me unless I watch the movies that go with them. Luckily, my husband puts up with this. But c'mon, I can't be the only one can I? We've all got our favorite Christmas movie right? Irving Berlin's 'White Christmas' is the best and I'm pretty sure my sister Beth and I could sing that "Sisters" song word for word. So it shouldn't be as weird as Justin makes it out to be that I have favorite Christmas movies, Halloween movies, Easter movies....hmm. Anyway- here's what's on the viewing list at our house for Halloween:




Arsenic and Old Lace: One of my Mom's favorites. Just a quirky zany old comedy starring Cary Grant as you've never seen him before.









Clue: my cousins introduced this movie to me, now it's classic Halloween viewing.














Young Frankenstein: This one cannot be blamed on me. Justin loves this movie. And I must agree, it is pretty hysterical. I mean, Gene Wilder? Genius.












Charade: This movie isn't a necessity for Halloween but it is a great old suspense movie with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. What could be better?





Soon to be added to the list: The Backyardigans' "It's Great To Be A Ghost". So far it's definately Audrey's Favorite. We'll introduce her to Charlie Brown next year.

4 comments:

themechams said...

You are not the only one. Doug thinks I am crazy. I have a few movies that are must see movies for me too. I am a big fan of White Christmas, but It's a Wonderful Life is my number one at Christmas time. For All Hallows Eve I love Rear Window and the Birds. This year Millie, Bret and Jenna are having a Halloween party with all their little pals and will be watching Disturbia and maybe When a stranger Calls. I have to watch that one again and make sure it is ok for 12 year olds.

themechams said...

You have to go see the cute little ghosts on my blog. I am sure little Miss Audrey would love them on your blog! As long as Justin is okay with decorating your blog the week before Halloween..hehehe. Oh and Millie wants us to take a trip to Idaho to visit you guys. So cute I tell you. Tonight she went to Cedar city with her friend Reagn for the Haunted House. She got 5 calls for babysitting. I am telling you that girl is in high demand, but she would turn them all down for a night with Audrey!

riosfamilyinc said...

Yes I am part of the blogging world. I finally gave in. I can tell this can become obsessive. We find out Monday if we are having a boy or girl. You will have to stay tuned!

Angie said...

I totally agree with the movie experience. Every Halloween my family watches the 'Roseanne' Halloween special marathon on TVland. 'Holiday Inn' is my favorite Christmas movie. If you've never seen it, I know you'd like it- Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire- can't go wrong.