If you come inside our house,
there are signs of fall there as well:
Justin is watching BYU Football.
Justin is dressed in his BYU shirt and hat and we have to be home every Saturday in time for kick-off. If you were to walk in our house you would hear yelling and cheering. I tell him they can't hear him but it doesn't matter.
Hello, my name is Justin and I am a TV yeller.
We're eating chicken noodle soup.
Yes, those are homemade egg noodles and yes, they were awesome. We're also eating chili and cornbread, grilled cheese sandwiches, zucchini bread and other fall favorites.

Our house is full of fall fruit.
Various trips to "Reggies Veggies" and "The Five-Mile Market" have yielded apples, peaches and pears which have resulted in apple turnovers, apple-pear crisps, roasted peaches with honey and almonds...mmmmm...
Various trips to "Reggies Veggies" and "The Five-Mile Market" have yielded apples, peaches and pears which have resulted in apple turnovers, apple-pear crisps, roasted peaches with honey and almonds...mmmmm...
We've pulled out the down comforter. Summer blankets are gone.
It's better for Audrey to jump on when she's wrestling with her Dad.
I am knitting.
I am not very good at knitting. I can't add sleeves or button holes or anything, I can only make a square. If I make it a long square then I can make a scarf.

Footballs are masquerading as throw pillows.
This is what you find when you have a husband who's crazy about football and is constantly throwing one around the house (because his wife won't go outside and play catch with him as much as he wants) and a baby daughter who likes to steal things and put them where they don't belong.

Audrey's wearing Halloween shirts and has a pair of funny fuzzy boots.
We found these boots at Payless for $5. Five dollars! I had to get them for her. Now she likes to put them on and walk around and around our kitchen island. She likes the ka-lump, ka-lump sound that the boots make on the wood floor when she walks.


There would be a few more signs of fall but Justin has specifically forbidden Halloween decorations until October 1st.
Say it with me: P-A-R-T-Y P-O-O-P-E-R.
In a few weeks when I am free to do so, there will pictures of our house in all it's spook-tacular glory.


1 comment:
I think you should take out the decorations ANYHOW!!! Doug is the same old stick in the mud! Don't hear me complaining about FOOTBALL, but if a girl wants to throw up a little spooky decor, well it is a federal offense.
The noodles look oh so good! We are still making it into the 90s during the day, but it is cooling down at night. Wish I was where you are.
Post a Comment