Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Favorite Moments In My Life Right Now:



-when Audrey wakes up in the morning. I walk in her room and open the blinds on her windows and she looks up at me all sleepy and smiles and immediately tries to stand up in her crib to reach for me even though she's still half-asleep and therefore all wobbily. I pick her up she lays her little groggy head on my shoulder while I walk downstairs to start the day.

-this afternoon. Justin came home for lunch with a bag of fresh peaches and avacados from the market and then asked me to come outside. He'd brought home three bright orange pumpkins and arranged them on our porch. He's so thoughtful to think of how that would thrill me. We're the first in our neighborhood to have them!

-when I put Audrey to bed. I always rock her for a few minutes before I lay her down. It's nice to have it be dark and quiet and feels like a special moment between just she and I. She lays her head on my shoulder and I rub her back- and lately she's started rubbing or patting my arm. It's so sweet.

-after Audrey's in bed. It's just Justin and I and we spend the few hours before we go to bed talking and planning, watching tv together (tonight it's Ghost Hunters- don't laugh, it's only the coolest show ever!), reading, checking e-mail (him) or knitting (me). It's just a nice, quiet way to wind down after every day with my favorite person.

No comments: