Thursday, September 18, 2008

Audrey and her Dad

Here's how I first knew that Justin would be the fun one and I would be the strict one in our parenting relationship: When we were first married Justin and I were put in as the teachers to the Sunbeams (3-5 year olds). When we took them to Primary for Singing Time, Justin and I would each sit on one end of the row of chairs and have the kids sit between us. One Sunday as we were singing I watched a little girl get out of her seat and go talk to Justin for a second, and then she walked out of the room. I leaned over and whispered to Justin, "Where is she going?" and Justin shrugged and said, "I don't know, she said she had to go." I calmly responded, "Alright....she's 3. Where is she going to go? Does she have an important meeting or something?" And I ducked out of the room and found the little girl who was having a great time wandering around the hall.
So now, I understand why Audrey is SO excited to see Justin when he comes home from work. She always squeals and runs to him as he walks in the door. Or why she's started sitting on HIS lap instead of mine when she wants to read a story. Or why she brings HIM her toy chicken to turn on so that they can play with it. Although I pretend to be sad that she's relying less on me and getting closer to her Dad, it really is fun to watch this special Daddy-daughter relationship grow.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Your pictures describe the whole feeling of how Audrey adores Justin.