
-get up, get dressed and head to Sacrament meeting even though Justin is feeling pretty sick and has been all week.
-sit in Sacrament meeting and listen to the first two talks about having patience and being slow to anger
-Audrey starts getting really, really wiggly and her 'da da's start getting louder
-breathe a sigh of relief as we start singing the closing song and it looks like we'll be getting out 5 minutes early
-panic when after the song instead of saying the closing prayer, another speaker stands up. Turns out I should check the program more often. That wasn't the closing song, it was the rest hymn. Uh oh.
-Audrey gets more and more fidgety as the speaker talks about patience. The irony is killing me. I dig through the diaper bag for any toy or treat that I can give her to keep her busy. I eye the doors, planning my escape route but that won't work because another family sat next to us in our pew, making us stuck against the wall
-look at the clock. Audrey starts talking louder and louder and trying to climb under our pew. As the minute hand keeps going so that we're now 10 minutes OVER our time I wonder how bad it would be to stand up and say "OH COME ON! HURRY UP ALREADY!!" in the middle of a meeting devoted to patience.
-I whisper this to Justin and he laughs but tells me it's probably not a good idea. I keep quiet and thankfully, our last speaker finally sits down and we sing only one verse of the closing song.
-come home, have a light lunch
-put Audrey down for a nap. Justin goes to take his own nap since he didn't get much sleep the night before with his rolling stomach. After awhile I go join him. Nothing like a Sunday afternoon nap.
-Audrey wakes up which wakes us up, we pack up a picnic and head to Swan Falls past Kuna. It's a gorgeous park by the Snake River in the canyon up here. It looks just like the park at thousand springs. It was fun to be back by the Snake River.
-come home, give Audrey a bath and put her to bed
-watch some of the closing cermeonies of the Olympics
-Justin comes in from outside and tells me he's discovered yet another wasp nest. I wish him luck as he walks out the door with the wasp spray.
-chat online with Robert and Lyric for a few minutes
-Justin comes walking through the garage door with his head lamp strapped on his head, the wasp spray in one hand and his hockey stick in the other. I DIE LAUGHING and make him pose for a picture. We are such slaves to the blog.
-finish up my conversations with Robert and Lyric, update the blog, take care of our cats and
-go to bed.
1 comment:
Ok, your day is just like mine! Except that my kids are big and when they whine and cry in church there is NO ONE who thinks they are even kind of cute! :-) Seriosly though, you need to post a photo of the wasp hunter!
Post a Comment