TO DO LIST:pack, pack, and pack some more
buy bubble wrap
get a change of address form from the post office
go online and change the address on our 6 magazine subscriptions (oh stop gasping, you'll realize that 6 isn't that many when I tell you that one of them was a gift, two of them were free and one of them, Martha Stewart Living, is absolutely essential)
clean the house
take all items for donation to the D.I.- (an old bridesmaid dress anyone? a box of Christmas dishes from our wedding? Seriously, we've moved 5 times in 5 years and I've lugged these dishes with us every single time, yet I have not even ever opened the box and looked at them.)
get all recipes written down that are saved on cooking shows on the DVR
call our Property Manager
make the 8th? 11th? trip to the new house with our car full of boxes (I've lost count)
WHAT MAKES IT ALL WORTH IT:
The other night as we were dropping off boxes we went inside for a minute and let Audrey crawl/walk around- she gets all excited everytime, I think because without furniture the house is big and open with lots of room for her to run. As she squealed and headed into the living room, then toward the stairs Justin turned to me and said, "this is the house that she'll remember." And I got all warm and fuzzy inside.
1 comment:
Becky, I cry every time I read this. It is so fun to read your blog. Sometimes I come back and read it several times in a day, (like today.) I am so excited about your new home and so excited for Audrey and any others who may come to call this place 'home.' I love you. Kiss Audrey for me.
Grandma V
Post a Comment