
One thing I truly do enjoy about summer is all the fresh fruit and vegitables that are available. We've just re-discovered a fruit stand near our home (called Reggie's Veggies- I'd go there for the name alone) that has gorgeous produce for less than half of what we were paying every week at the Farmer's Market and, it's beautiful:
We've been buying berries like crazy and hoarding them like squirrels for the winter- I'm freezing bags and bags of them. I'm also really enjoying growing a garden. As renters this is all we've got (thank you Art and Maureen for the free planter) but everything seems to be thriving. Justin is itching to make his own salsa with the peppers and jalapenos and tomatoes that we're growing- should be fun! We don't eat nearly as healthy as I'd like, but we're working on it. 

In other news, we had a fun storm this morning complete with tons of rain, thunder and lightning. I got really excited and opened all the windows in the house to hear the thunder and smell the rain. In my excitement I completely forgot about the pile of cardboard boxes sitting on the back patio getting SOAKED. It's not too big of a deal though- Audrey is terrified of the loud noise the packing tape makes when I pull on it to put the boxes together. Her crying breaks my heart so I had to wait till she took a nap anyway, luckily they were pretty dry by then. : )
We've been buying berries like crazy and hoarding them like squirrels for the winter- I'm freezing bags and bags of them. I'm also really enjoying growing a garden. As renters this is all we've got (thank you Art and Maureen for the free planter) but everything seems to be thriving. Justin is itching to make his own salsa with the peppers and jalapenos and tomatoes that we're growing- should be fun! We don't eat nearly as healthy as I'd like, but we're working on it. 


1 comment:
Isn't Audrey precious? What fun pics. How are you going to move your 'garden'? I love reading your blog. I have started one but not going to share it until I put another post on. Love ya,
Mom Vip
Post a Comment